More than 30 employers representing a variety of industries joined forces with local pharmacists to help their employees with diabetes improve their health through the DTCC.
Cities and employers were chosen based on the following criteria:
- Individual or group of employers with self-insured health care plans have a combined minimum of 5,000 employees and/or beneficiaries;
- Employers agreed to provide incentives, i.e., waive co-pays for diabetes-related medications and supplies for participants in the program;
- There was a strong internal champion with decision-making authority within the employer administration;
- Willingness to adopt and implement the Asheville Project model; and
- Willingness to speak about the program with local and national media.
For more information about the participating cities and employers, please select from the list below: